tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kurt Overberg <k...@hotdogrecords.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy when JSPs need to change regularly?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:53:17 GMT
Richard,

Thanks for the reply!  Regarding your idea of using rsync- does that
still involve building a .war file?  I'm pretty ignorant of how 'real
sites' do this, and of the whole deploy mechanism in general.  I mean,
how do people manage 100's of tomcats?  I'm trying to get my system to
the point where I can just deploy a new tomcat node to a new server
without much hassle, and manage from a central console.  I have thought
about using rsync, but I guess the thought of running things from a file
structure (and not a war) just feels...I dunno... 'amatuerish'.  Maybe
I'm just paranoid.

My shell-fu is much better than my java-fu, so I can figure it out that
way, I guess I just assumed there's some big, complex apache project for
managing large numbers of tomcats remotely.

Thanks again!

/kurt