tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: question about web-inf/lib
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:32:31 GMT
You can place common library in common/lib. If that class needs to use
reflection to instantiate any classes in your webapp - it may fail. (But
since this looks to be a standalone utility - that doesn't seem to be the case)

In the case of the reloads - a dll may only be registered once during the
life of the JVM. SO you might need a utility class at the common/lib (or
common/classes) level to handle the registration of that class so that it
only happens once.

-Tim