tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Andrewsen" <bandrew...@novell.com>
Subject Re: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" after recompiling the kernel to 2.6.11.3
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:11:14 GMT
Can you give us some details ....

Tomcat version
Distro
Tomcat compiled or binary install?
Vanilla Tomcat installation or other applications installed?

Brent

_______________________________

Brent Andrewsen
Web Application Engineer
bandrewsen@novell.com
Office: (801) 861-2909

Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise
www.novell.com/open

>>> Akhthar Parvez K <akhthar@gmail.com> 11/02/05 1:54 pm >>>
Hi all,

I am getting the error message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to
createnew native thread" when I start tomcat on kernel 2.6.11.3
<http://2.6.11.3>.
it was not up for not even a second. Can anyone tell me how can I ifx
the
issue.

I wanted to upgrade the kernel on the server as I noticed that swap was
not
being in the old 2.4 kernel(default kernel). All of your suggestions
are
appreciated.

--
Regards,