tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Backing up a web application?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:12:17 GMT
In that case - "an easy way" is to not use the webapps dir for
autodeployment. Keep 2 copies of your webapp (old and new) somewhere on disk.
Then change the context declaration file (the file with <Context ...>) to
point to the new directory.

Larry Mulcahy wrote:

> My question is:
> Is there a straightforward way to back up a web application in Tomcat
> (5.0.28)?
> By this I mean make a copy of a deployed webapp with a different
> application context.
> I'd like to deploy a new version of a web application on a production
> server
> while retaining the old version in case of problems.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message