tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: A Simple Advice
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:09:27 GMT
The last way (the one without the web.xml) should work fine.

-Tim

Alvaro Seixas wrote:
> Hello List!!
>
> I need a simple advice from you guys. I'm running TC 4.1 on Win 2K.
>
> I need to share large amounts of static content (image files) between contexts. These
images will be stored in 12 shared folders (in a NAS storage). What's the best approach to
do that??

> I thought of creating a context - in webapps - and use symlinks, but there's a restriction
for that on Win enviroments. I know that if I just add a 'imgapp.xml' file - with docBase=\\x.x.x.x.\img01
- it works since Tomcat uses a default 'web.xml'. However, is this right??