tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tamas Hegedus <>
Subject Re: ant reload
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:34:53 GMT
Hmm. Yes, that could be the problem. Now I tried to figure out how the
developing environment should be created, but I can not be sure if I am

I have the CATALINAHOME in a separate dir:

I have a developing area in my HOME dir:

Here I have:
=> build/ index.html, WEB-INF (these should be transfered to
catalina.home/weabapps/myapp; at least a want to transfer them :-))

=> src/mypackage/*.java
=> web/index.html
=> doc/
=> build.xml

I think it works like this:
=> I edit the html, jsp, web.xml files in the web dir
=> I edit the *.java class files in src/mypackage
=> after compilation everything should be combined to the build dir
=> after reload: the build should be transferred to the
catalina.home/webapps/myapps and tomcat should be reloaded.

Raghupathy,Gurumoorthy wrote:
> Can you tell me the directory structure ?
> Like source directory
> 	Project
> 		...src
> 		...bin
> 		../..myapp
> 			../WEB-INF/
> 				../classes
> Regards
> guru

Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  |
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 |

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: