tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Parsons <>
Subject Re: ant reload
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:58:28 GMT
You'll probably find that your web application is being copied into
tomcats folder on install. So when you compile your new classes and
reload, it just reloads the web-app from its own copy (which is still
old). Try creating a context.xml file in META-INF that looks something
like this:

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="/path/to/your/application">

That should stop the application from being copied.

I hope that helps.

Tamas Hegedus wrote:

> Hi,
> After src/*.java modification I do an "ant compile", "ant reload".
> Nothing happens. Old class files not overwritten.
> If I do "ant remove" followed by "ant install": everything is OK
> (refreshed).
> Do you know what can I miss?
> I am using: jdk1.5.0_05, apache-ant-1.6.5, apache-tomcat-5.5.12.
> Thanks for your help,
> Tamas

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: