tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lenin Lakshminarayanan -X \(lelakshm - HCL at Cisco\)" <lelak...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: tomcat - OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:25:15 GMT
Check out the swap space available in the system ? How much swap do you
have in the system. Is it sufficiently available ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anna Seekamp [mailto:anna.seekamp@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:48 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: tomcat - OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

We have a production-environment with heavy load.
A cluster of DualXeonServers. Each is running:
  apache (prefork)
  mod_jk
  tomcat 5.0.28
  spring 1.1.5
  hibernate 2.1
  velocity (-> no JSPs)
  c3p0-Connection-Pool.

The jvm (1.4.2 Suse-Linux) starts with:
  -server -Xmx1500m -Xms1500ms

We have 9 webapps.
One webapp has 50% load.
The other share the rest.
If we put 7 webapps online, we
ran into problems. After a few hours we get OutOfMemoryErrors. The
tomcat crashes an we get no response. But there isn't a heavy load (<
1). There isn't OutOfMemory (the last Runtime.freeMemory(): 1,3 GB) The
Thread-Dump of the crashed server is unspecific. Most threads are
waiting on findBundle in CoyoteConnector.createRequest().

Are there any suggestions. Everything is welcome!
I don't know where to look. Threads, Sockets, Memory (is there a problem
with Runtime.freeMemory)

best regards
-- anna