tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <andy.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject finalize question
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:58:58 GMT
I have a webapp that causes Tomcat to die with an OutOfMemoryError due
to PermGen after about 10 reloads. I am trying to determine if there
is a memory leak in my code or maybe even one of our 3rd-party
libraries. I am using AspectJ to log whenever any object's finalize
method is called. Problem is, I'm not seeing any finalize methods
being called. I have a ServletContextListener that calls System.gc to
help force collection (though I realize that's not guaranteed).

As far as Tomcat is concerned, when would objects in a webapp be
finalized? On app stop? On reload? On undeploy?

Any suggestions on how to isolate this memory leak?

thx
andy