tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gautam Gothoskar <majhigam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying in ROOT folder using a war file
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:02:51 GMT
Mark,
  I have deleted the ROOT folder from the webapps
directory. I have the unpackWARs set to true in the
host element in server.xml. My tomcat version is
4.1.24.
  What tomcat does is it loads up the servlet on
startup as I have specified it in web.xml. It extracts
the WEB-INF/classes and lib folder required for the
servlet in TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/_
directory. It extracts the jsps and other files as and
when required. But the problem is with stylesheets and
javascript files. These files are not explicitly
called and hence never get extracted. So the jsp does
not find those files.
  I also have no ides why tomcat is extracting the
files to TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/_ .

Thanks,
Gautam.