tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Magyar, Bence" <bnc_uc...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: web client running out of ports! (timeout exception)
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:51:58 GMT
Hi,

  You're right, it's probably something screwy with my client.  Not sure what it could be
though.

  In looking at my Tomcat terminal, i see:

  INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

  Shouldn't I be getting persistent, reusable connections as the default with HTTP/1.1?

  B.M

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:  > From: Magyar, Bence
[mailto:bnc_uconn@yahoo.com]
> Subject: web client running out of ports! (timeout exception)
>
> Every time I call a method, my java client opens a new port!

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, I don't see how changing
anything in the Tomcat configuation will help this anti-social client
behavior. Sounds like you need to fix your client to reuse connections
rather than creating a new one for each request.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.