tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tyler Carpenter <tylercarpen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat installation: How do I specify an installation directory on the command line?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:42:51 GMT
This regards Tomcat 5.x installation on a Windows system, using the Windows installer option.
 I need to integrate Tomcat installation into my installation program, and I’d like to do
so silently, but I also need to be able to specify the location of installation.    I can
silently install Tomcat using the “/S” parameter (jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28.exe /S), but this
installs into the “Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0” directory.
    I’ve tried the “/D” command line option (e.g., jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28.exe /S /D=c:\tomcat),
but this makes no difference -- the installation still goes to the default path.
    Is there a document of the installation command line switches?  I couldn’t find anything
in the documentation or in a variety of Google searches.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.