tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Farbos <lionel.far...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Singleton memory leak after redeploying.
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:27:08 GMT
I said this to simplify....
I agree that, in a large webapp, you need several loggers; each logger for a coherent system.
But you have to control your loggers...

In the initial question, it was like he had one logger for one class...

So, the right answer should be :
in log4j, there is no need for an additionnal method
because, if you control your logger(s), you can freed it(them) when the servlet.destroy()
is invoked.

I hope it's better like this ... ;-)
Regards.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:54:52 -0000
"Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com> wrote:

> I disagree, only the most trivial webapp needs one logger. A web
> application consisting of a large number of subsystems, potentially
> managed/analysed by different teams should be logged to different
> locations. Effective debugging will come down to a well organised
> logging structure.

privileged. This email is intended solely for the named recipient only; if you are not authorised
you must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. If you
have received this message in error please contact the sender at once so that we may take
the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.  Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender.  QAS Limited has the right lawfully to record, monitor
and inspect messages between its employees and any third party.  Your messages shall be subject
to such lawful supervision as QAS Limited deems to be necessary in order to protect its information,
its interests and its reputation.

> Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails, QAS Limited cannot
guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept
any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.