tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Rabaa <ra...@amconresearch.com>
Subject BASEDIR problem with Tomcat 5.5 + compat
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:45:08 GMT
Hello,

I've been fiddling with Tomcat 5.5, looking to get it setup on a laptop
running Sun's 1.4 SDK.  I'm having an issue with the BASEDIR variable:

The BASEDIR environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program

$CATALINA_HOME=/home/foo/bin/apache-tomcat-5.5.12
$JAVA_HOME=/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.09

I see in catalina.sh and tool-wrapper.sh that BASEDIR="$CATALINA_HOME", but
the error is being thrown in setclasspath.sh.  I tried running with an
exported BASEDIR but that's a no go.  I haven't much time to continue
prodding this and I want to keep my setup modifications as minimal as
possible, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
--
Anthony Rabaa
SGML/XML Systems Designer & Network Administrator