tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Damon Rand" <Da...@cybermagic.co.nz>
Subject Nested context paths (path=/nest/myapp)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:57:20 GMT
Hi there,
    I have been running nested context paths in TC 5.0 for some time now.. A user can browse
to:

http://localhost:8080/nesting/myapp/

In TC 5.0 this was a simple matter of setting path="/nesting/myapp" in the context.xml and
putting the files into /webapps/nesting/myapp

Unfortunately I have found that this is no longer supported in TC 5.5! The path variable is
ignored and instead it uses the context.xml filename. However, I can't nest the context.xml.
eg.

/conf/Catalina/localhost/nesting/myapp.xml

I don't want to change the URL of my application because many users will have bookmarked links..
I can't use mod_rewrite because the app (confluence in fact) generates lots of root relative
hyperlinks using the Tomcat context path..

So for now I can't upgrade to 5.5. Is there a workaround? Can I file a bug asking for this?
If so what is the best fix?

Regards,
Damon.