tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Jaynes <justinjaynesresea...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat as a service under Linux... "To dream the impossible dream"
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 05:42:41 GMT
Dude,

I am wiling to help you, but you have to understand
that Linux is SOOOOOO different from windows.  Out of
the box?  That's not really a term we use in Linux.
We put things into the box.

So if you are willing to follow some careful
explanations, you can get it to work.

Actually, I'm headed to be now, but tomorrow, I'll
fill you in if you are willing to try.

I run several servers with SuSE linux 10.0 and tomcat
5.5 and a SQL server (postgresql).  I've been doing it
for several years, and when I started, it was a real
challange.  The only reason it's easy now is because I
fought the uphill battle until I knew what was what.
I'll try to tell you, but you have to be willing to
read other sources as well.  Study study study.

Tomorrow ... Justin Jaynes