tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eino Lilius <>
Subject rewriting urls with a valve
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:45:03 GMT

I have one the following web apps:
    -deployment /my/a etc.)
    -deployment (/b)

I would like to get rid of that ROOT.war, and pass all
requests to my.war (including /b).

In server.xml it is possible to define valves. I was
thinking of creating a valve which changes request URI
(/b -> /my/a). Unfortunately the URI cannot be changed
(setRequestURI implementation is empty in

Has someone managed to do that kind of valve, or
solved the problem with some other way (I cannot use
apache in front of tomcat either, and I cannot use
redirect, since the client does not support that).

snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message