tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dola Woolfe <dolac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is this good flow control?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:46:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm adding a level of security to my web applicaiton.
Certain pages are only available to certain users.
So the page first checks wither the user is authorized
to view it. If yes, it displays the page. Otherwise it
offers to login.

I don't want to do this with a (short) "if" and a
(long) "then" so I throw a MyAuthenticationException
and in ErrorPage.jsp have code: if (exception
instanceof MyAuthenticationException)
forward-to-login-page. (This saves me from having a
big "then" block on every page.)

Is it a good idea to handle flow this way?

Thanks!

Dola