tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andy gordon <efha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5 logging
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:58:10 GMT
you can put the two log jar files in your web app web-inf/lib directory and the log4j properties
in your web app classes directory. make sure your web app log4j properties file specifies
its own log file and log file location. Its useful and may be good practice to place all log
files in the tomcat log directory, each web app with its own log file in that directory.

i do not yet understand the need for the other properties file. But it may be needed. I have
a configuration without it, with cross context logging and specific web app logging.

hope this helps

pc leung <lightplace@gmail.com> wrote:
I have done something according to
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/tips/mills/Struts-logging.html
I do not put the 2 jars in tomcat common lib.
Instead I keep them in my webapp lib. The result is lots of error message in
tomcat log dir.
If I put a log4j.properties in web-inf/classes and still keep the 2 jars in
my webapp lib only,
is the log.debug() prints message in tomcat log dir?
thanks