tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yaakov Chaikin <yaakov.chai...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP 401 and BASIC authentication
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:52:59 GMT
Hi,

I have set up BASIC authentication on Tomcat 5.5.9. I have also set up
a custom error page for HTTP 401 and HTTP 403.

When the username/password box pops up, I purposefully enter wrong
credentials. After 3rd unsuccessful attempt, it forwards me to an HTTP
401 page.

The problem is that the 401 page is Tomcat-generated 401 page. Am I
missing something? I know my error-page is set up correctly. In fact,
if I log in as some registered-user and try to access a resource
that's intended only for administrators, it forwards me to **my**
custom HTTP 403 page.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Yaakov.