tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David W. Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:21:21 GMT
Hello TC dev and Gurus, I have a webapp comprised of several Servlets and JSP pages. The webapp
is functioning very well but after a few hours of no connections or interaction the TC webapp
loses its connection with the MySQL DB. We are using the server.xml defined JDBC/MySQL security
model using the users and user_roles tables DB structure. The logins work perfectly until
a few hours of (like overnight) in attendance. Even thought the TC Servlet server is still
up and running logins all fail. After restarting TC the login mechanism works perfectly. Particulars
follow. Please advise.

TC Servlet server 5.5.7
MySQL 4.1

OS Windows XP (whistler).