tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David R Mulligan <david.mulli...@shaw.ca>
Subject ClassNotFoundException when upgrading from 5.5.9 to 5.5.10+
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:43:11 GMT
When I start up tomcat 5.5.10-12 I am getting a ClassNotFoundException
for a custom class that implements Filter.  Under 5.5.9 and 5.5.1 the
class loads just fine.

My class lives in a jar file in shared/lib as some if it is required by
another webapp.  If I move the class files in question to the
webapp/classes dir tomcat appears to be able to find it but then it
gives a NoClassDefError instead.  I read the FAQ and looked but I cannot
find another servlet.jar anywhere so I do not believe this is the
problem.  The filter class is defined in the web.xml file for the
webapp.

I cannot find anything in the changelog from 5.5.10 and up that would
explain or even seem related to this.  I would appreciate any help I can
get at this point!

Thanks,
David