tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Morrow" <david.mor...@autodata.net>
Subject RE: Monitoring Tomcat with SNMP?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:36:43 GMT

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete
this message and notify the Autodata system administrator at
Administrator@autodata.net <mailto:Administrator@autodata.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 1:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Monitoring Tomcat with SNMP?

that depends on what you want to monitor. if you just want low level JVM
stuff, SNMP is probably sufficient, though I personally haven't tried.
If you want to know the stats that Tomcat maintains in it's mbeans for
the container, I don't think SNMP is going to give you those stats.

just something to consider.

peter