tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <andonil...@eurokom.ie>
Subject Re: Still failing authentication - need help on how to Debug
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:26:37 GMT
Hi Alan,

Show us the relevant section of your server.xml.

Are you using a view in your database?

What the authenticator is doing is basically two select statements on your database to find
the usernames and passwords. If the name of the username column is not correctly corresponding
to the username column in the database then you may be in trouble!

Andoni.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Chandler
  Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.user
  Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:07 PM
  Subject: Still failing authentication - need help on how to Debug

  I am still struggling to get tomcat to authenticate access to my application.

  As a starting point I am trying to use BASIC authentication with the
  DataSource Realm (basically because I can check the query SQL)

  Whatever I do the user is presented with the authentication dialog box, but
  this authentication ALWAYS fails.

  Any way, as can be seen from the logs I am doing an authenticate test and
  failing.

  But thats not suprising when you look at the SQL that is being requested.  The
  username is null

  Why?

  I can't see how I have anything wrong in server.xml - otherwise the postgres
  query would not have happened.  I can't see what I could possibly have wrong
  in my web.xml as this does not even mention username!.

  Nevertheless - here is my web.xml is below

  How can I get further info that would be helpful in debugging this?