tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Burke" <tom.bu...@expensys.com>
Subject Re: [HELP] I couldn't connect to Tomcat which is on another PC!
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:16:18 GMT
Here are a couple of things to try:

a) are you sure that Tomcat is actually serving up pages at all? - try
opening a webpage in a browser on PC1, like this:
http://localhost:8080/manager.html

This should call up the Manager page (actually it should prompt you for
a user name & password first); if it does either of these then Tomcat is
running on PC1;

b) If it is, then is the Windows XP Firewall blocking the pages on PC2?
Check the settings;

c) You might also want to put PC1 in the 'Trusted Zone' in your browser
on PC2;

d) when you ping PC1 from PC2, how are you entering the name? Are you
entering 'ping PC1' ? Or are you entering the IP address?

e) in fact that's another thing try: from PC2, enter the IP address of
PC1, ie 'http://192.168.0.1:8080' (but use the actual address for PC1,
of course) in the browser on PC2. If that works, but http://PC1:8080
doesn't, then the problem is name or address resolution, not a Tomcat
problem.

Hope all this helps.

Tom