tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alvaro Seixas" <lumbriga...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject A Simple Advice
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:21:34 GMT
Hello List!!

I need a simple advice from you guys. I'm running TC 4.1 on Win 2K.

I need to share large amounts of static content (image files) between contexts. These images
will be stored in 12 shared folders (in a NAS storage). What's the best approach to do that??

I thought of creating a context - in webapps - and use symlinks, but there's a restriction
for that on Win enviroments. I know that if I just add a 'imgapp.xml' file - with docBase=\\x.x.x.x.\img01
- it works since Tomcat uses a default 'web.xml'. However, is this right??
Also, do I have to create 12 contexts in order to serve all the images??

Please, let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro