tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lars Ohlén <l...@ohlen.se>
Subject Servlet alias cross Webapp boundaries
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:25:21 GMT
Hi!

I have a servlet in a webapp ( /web) but would like to be able to invoke the same servlet
(without duplication of .class file) with
another webapp name (/script)

My original idea was to implement this in the httpd processing using mod_rewrite, but I have
run into some other issues with mod_rewrite
so I'm looking for another solution.

Can this be achived with some configuration or can I do this will some servlet Filter functionallity.
Since the target OS is Solaris I also
considered the possibility to do some soft links.

Any ideas / suggestions appreciated

BR

Lars