tomcat-users mailing list archives

From digby <li...@digby.net>
Subject Re: My first Aproach
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:17:39 GMT
I would download and install Netbeans 4.1 (http://www.netbeans.org) and
create a web project, which will create all the required files and
folders for you to start a new project that you can deploy to Tomcat. It
will even run your application in its own version of Tomcat so you can
debug it and make changes on the fly.

Once you're happy with your application and understand what's going on a
bit more, you can move it over to your other Tomcat server using the
deployment instructions on tomcat.apache.org.

Oh, and wait for a while before you get into EJBs. Tomcat doesn't
support them and they wil definitely be more than you need for a while.
Stick to JSPs and servlets an you'll be fine (although you might want to
move onto Struts, Hibernate and Spring soon).

Digby

PS - please no IDE flames - Netbeans is really easy for beginners.