tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Turning on debugging in Tomcat 5.5
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 04:28:23 GMT

"James Rome" <jamesrome@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:43455D32.3020705@gmail.com...
> Most of the installed Tomcat classes have something like
> container.isDebugEnabled() {...}
>
> How do I enable these debug statements in Tomcat 5.5?

I'll assume that you are using Juli.  If you are using log4j, compare what
I'm saying to http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html
to see what you need to do.

First you edit $CATALINA_HOME/conf/logging.properties and add and something
like:
  org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/myapp].level
= FINE

s/Catalina/EngineName/ s/localhost/my.host.name/

Of course, if you really want to fill up your logs, you can do something
like:
   org.apache.catalina.level = FINE