tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dhiren Bhatia <dhir...@gmail.com>
Subject Multipart Request
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:22:23 GMT
Hi all,
 I'm having trouble with the HttpServletRequest object if my post contains
multipart data. The request object loses all the parameters set from the
html form.
i.e. request.getParameter("myParam"); always returns null. If I remove the
multipart encoding from my form, I see the parameter values.
 If I use the OReilly MultipartRequest, the constructor needs me to set the
directory to save the file in so I cannot make that value dynamic by
receiving it from the HTTP post. I want to receive the dir name where the
file will be saved from the HTML form.
 Any ideas? Hope this makes sense.
 Thanks,
-D