tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Developer Developer <>
Subject Problems with web.xml generated from RAD and from Ecplise.
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:59:00 GMT
Hello All,
 my web.xml generated from RAD does not work in the Web Sphere Application
Server, While the web.xml generated from ecplise 3.1 works fine.
 I guess the problem lies somewhere in the header information.
 These 3 lines are from ECplise that work Correctly.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.2//EN"
<web-app id="WebApp_ID">
  While these lines are from RAD which do not work correctly.
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.2" xmlns=""
xmlns:xsi="" xsi:schemaLocation="">
   SO, if I replace the first 3 lines in the web.xml from RAD with the one
generated from Ecplise then everythings works fine.
  Does anybody know that is the problem here ?
 Thanks a lot.