tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Developer Developer <devquesti...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbee question on servlet and html
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:03:56 GMT
I wrote my first html and servlet and deployed it on tomcat 5.5. The html
works okay when I call it from the browser. The servlet too works okay when
I call its doget() method by invoking it from the browser. EG:.
http://localhost:8080/VBeer/BeerSelect
However, when i try to invoke the servlet from an html form I get a message
box - (file download security warning) - Do you want to save this file ? It
has a
funny number suffixed to the my servlet name.

Not sure what is happening.
Here is my HTML code snippet.

<h1 align =3D "center">Beer selecton Page </h1>

<form method=3D"POST" action=3D"BeerSelect">

Thanks !