tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Asad Habib <aha...@engin.umich.edu>
Subject Struts Application Logic Error
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:43:05 GMT
Hello. I am currently developing a Struts application. For some reason,
form variables are not being transmitted upon form submission and at the
same time there is no error or stack trace that I can reference to
diagnose the error. I am not able to access the form variables inside my
action class for which I have provided the code below (i.e. the form
variables always have a value of null). I have also provided the contents
of struts-config.xml below. FYI, I am not using the Struts validator. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Asad

package registration;

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import org.apache.struts.action.*;

public class BusinessToolsStepOneAction extends Action {
    public ActionForward execute (ActionMapping mapping,
    			         ActionForm form,
 			         HttpServletRequest request,
 			         HttpServletResponse response)
          throws Exception {
       String businessName = request.getParameter("businessName");
       String businessAddress = request.getParameter("businessAddress");
       String businessZipCode = request.getParameter("businessZipCode");
       String businessPhoneNumber = request.getParameter("businessPhoneNumber");

       if ((businessName == null) || (businessAddress == null) ||
(businessZipCode == null) || (businessPhoneNumber == null)) {
          return (mapping.findForward("missing-business-data"));
       }
       else {
          return (mapping.findForward("business-tools-step-two"));
       }
    }
}

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.2//EN"
    "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

<struts-config>
    <global-forwards>
       <forward name="home" path="/home.jsp" />
    </global-forwards>

    <action-mappings>
       <action path="/businessToolsStepOne" type="registration.BusinessToolsStepOneAction">
          <forward name="missing-business-data" path="/missingBusinessData.jsp" />
          <forward name="business-tools-step-two" path="/businessToolsStepTwo.jsp" />
       </action>
    </action-mappings>
</struts-config>