tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chandrasekar Krishnan <krish...@research.rutgers.edu>
Subject mapping multiple paths to one context
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:28:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have a web application under webapps (say app1) and have multiple paths
mapped to it (/path1 and /path2) through the two Context elements. I'm
upgrading to Tomcat 5.5 and read the documentation that says:

"Please note that for tomcat 5, unlike tomcat 4.x, it is NOT recommended
to place <Context> elements directly in the server.xml file. Instead, put
them in the META-INF/context.xml directory of your WAR file or the conf
directory"

The trouble is I can't specify the path attribute in the two options
described above. How can I map multiple paths to one context? Copying the
application as /path1 and /path2 under webapps or sym linking path2
directory to path1 directory seem to be options, but I am wondering if
there is a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Chandri Krishnan