tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Character Encoding -ISo-8859-1 Vs UTF-8 Vs GBK
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:56:31 GMT

Hi,
I am trying to read the universal charater form a text file to my java
application that stores them in database. When I use  encoding type "GBK" i
can read all special charater in chinease, when i use encoding "ISO-8859-1"
i can read latin but not chinease , but whn i use encoding as "UTF-8" i
think i ma supposed to read both chinease and latin correctly but i am not
able to read any of them. Can any one give me the pointers for solution ,
Further the beta- is converted to ss in latin-1

thanks in advance
Birendar S Waldiya

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you