tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Rabben" <roland.rab...@no.scala.com>
Subject WebDAV characters bug?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:01:27 GMT
I am using Tomcat 5.5.9 (on Windows XP) and WebDAV to upload files to my
server. However it seems to be a bug or limitation in the Tomcat WebDAV
that limits the use of some characters I frequently use.

Unsupported characters are :
; (semicolon)
+ (plus)
# (pound)

I know these are reserved characters, so I have tried to URL encode
them, but Tomcat ignores the URL encoding and writes the URL encoded
filenames to disk. Eg. "myfile;01.txt" is saved like "myfile%B301.txt"
on the server. Tomcat is configured to do URL Encoding. If I don't do
URL Encoding it simply cuts the end of the filename from semicolon like
"myfile".

This is my Connector configuration in server.xml:
 <Connector port="80"
 maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"
 connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

I also tested this in Tomcat 5.5.12 with same problems. I have tested
several clients. IE 6.0, DavExplorer and own code.

The reason I think this is a bug is because these characters are
supported by Apache/mod_dav.
Anyone know of a fix to this problem, or if it is a known bug?

Regards
Roland Rabben
Technical Director
Scala Nordic AS