tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Gaunt" <SGa...@emeraldinsight.com>
Subject RE: IIS security with tomcat
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:38:57 GMT
HI

That;'s what i'm trying to do..  But the user credentials are held within a database.
Ideally, I want to forward to tomcat, do the login for the user, and somehow tell IIS all
static conent from the session(or user) is allowed. Equally, I dont want the users to bookmark
the pdf/html files(as these people pay to see them).

I'm not sure how to do this with the web server, surely there must be a standard way of achieving
this.  I've searched google but unable to find information about this.

Cheers

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jess Holle [mailto:jessh@ptc.com]
	Sent: Mon 17/10/2005 20:34
	To: Tomcat Users List
	Subject: Re: IIS security with tomcat

	Sounds like IIS should be doing your authentication...

	Steve Gaunt wrote:

	>Hi
	>
	>I have IIS web server servicing static pdf/html content.  However, I only want to allow
access to these if they have been authenticated by tomcat(using jk2 connector on the AJP connections).

	>I dont want to move these static pdf/htmls' onto tomcat(as the folder(s) size at the
root is over 10G).  I've tried this and after about 10 hours of use, the tomcat website hosting
the static content fails.

	>Ideally, the static conent should be serverd by IIS(as its good at doing that). But I
dont want just anyone being able to view these?

	>I've tried the response.sedREdirect("")
	>
	>and passing the "www-authentication" into the header, but since the redirect goes back
to the browser and rewrites the header, this info is lossed.