tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Gaunt" <SGa...@emeraldinsight.com>
Subject IIS security with tomcat
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:29:39 GMT
Hi

I have IIS web server servicing static pdf/html content.  However, I only want to allow access
to these if they have been authenticated by tomcat(using jk2 connector on the AJP connections).

I dont want to move these static pdf/htmls' onto tomcat(as the folder(s) size at the root
is over 10G).  I've tried this and after about 10 hours of use, the tomcat website hosting
the static content fails.

Ideally, the static conent should be serverd by IIS(as its good at doing that). But I dont
want just anyone being able to view these?

I've tried the response.sedREdirect("")

and passing the "www-authentication" into the header, but since the redirect goes back to
the browser and rewrites the header, this info is lossed.

HAs anyone else had similar problems ebfore??

STeve