tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Pawliw" <paw...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Starting Tomcat with the Security Manager in Windows
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:13:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Tomcat and have run into a problem that probably has a very
simple solution. I'm running Tomcat 5.5.7 on Windows XP and want to start
Tomcat with the security manager enabled. The documentation states the
following:
Starting Tomcat With A SecurityManager
Once you have configured the catalina.policy file for use with a
SecurityManager, Tomcat can be started with a SecurityManager in place by
using the "-security" option:

     $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start -security    (Unix)
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina start -security      (Windows)

This does not work from the Windows Command Prompt as catalina does not
exist in the bin directory. Furthermore, I want to run Tomcat as a service
so this would not help even if it did work. I've tried to add the -security
option via the Monitor Tomcat application by adding the addition argument in
the Arguments section of the Startup panel. I've tried
start -security
start security
start, security
and none of these work. I'd very much appreciate advice in the area as I've
checked the archive and can't seem to find any information.

Thanks,
Ken