tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: static server implementation?
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:21:24 GMT
> From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob@koberg.com]
> Subject: Re: static server implementation?
>
> If you have a need for many virtual hosts, but do not need
> or want any ability for dynamic activity it would make sense
> to have a limited version of a tomcat host/context. I mean,
> I have a need to create VHosts from java, but those VHosts
> should not be able to affect anything (Read Only).

I'm still not understanding why a standard Tomcat isn't sufficient.  If
you don't configure any dynamic content capabilities, none will
magically appear to thwart your goals.  Are you concerned about
performance?  Have you tested a static-only Tomcat to see if it's
adequate for your needs?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.