tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:20:43 GMT
> From: Paul Singleton [mailto:paul@jbgb.com]
> Subject: Re: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
>
> Does anyone else find that 5.5.9 rewrites it with these
> permissions under Linux?
> -rw-rw-r--  1 tomcat tomcat   439 Oct  2 20:01 tomcat-users.xml

Hadn't noticed that before, but it does the same thing under the
POSIX-compliant file system on our mainframe.  I suppose this could be
controlled somewhat with umask.

Also, the rewrite appears to occur at startup, not shutdown.

Thanks for catching that little quirk.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.