tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:16:30 GMT
> From: Giorgio Clavelli [mailto:giorgio.clavelli@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
>
> I solved it by deleting the all Server files and re-unzip
> them back in the same location (possibly not required this
> deletion but who knows?).

I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it.  Note that you cannot
manually edit tomcat-users.xml while Tomcat is running, since Tomcat
rewrites it at some point (probably at termination, but I haven't
verified that).  You can update it on the fly with the Admin app; of
course you have to login with a userid that has the admin role to do so.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.