tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Newbie Installation Question
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:16:45 GMT
> From: brown wrap [mailto:gramos@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Newbie Installation Question
>
> I guess I am looking for a clue as to what the
> messages in the log file means.

It means it can't find the named Java class file.  This could be due to
an incomplete or corrupted installation or possibly a file permissions
problem.  Within the tomcat/server/lib directory, there should be 15
.jar files, including catalina.jar; inside that jar is Catalina.class,
which appears to be the one that can't be found.

Is your directory structure correct?  Is catalina.jar where it's
supposed to be?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.