tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raviteja Veerla <>
Subject classpath in tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:04:32 GMT
Hi all,
 I am having an interesting problem. I have an java api that looks for some
config files in a folder which is in the system classpath. to serve this
purpose, i have added the path of this folder to the line.
set CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;C:\TestCases\Conf in
setclasspath.bat in windows 2003 server
 now i ran the startup.bat from the command prompt and everything worked
fine. but when i start tomcat from control panel->administrative
tools->services the api's are not able to locate this folder. can anyone
tell me if im missing something or what can be done to fix this problem. the
only problem i have with the first approach is i want to hide the tomcat's
console window.