tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Fineman <cfine...@gmail.com>
Subject FAQ? shutdown.bat not killing java process on Windows
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:08:21 GMT
I started Tomcat using startup.bat. Everything goes fine. I use
shutdown.batto bring it down. The server fields the request and shuts
down a bunch of
services (as evidenced by the messages I see). Sure enough, the server no
longer responds to any requests. Unfortunately, the java process does not
die.

I have this problem whether I start Tomcat by hand or if I use the Sysdeo
Eclipse plugin.

This problem has been a thorn in my side for some time but since it only
affects my development environment (we use it as a service in production and
there are no problems) and I can kill the process by hand, I've not worried
about it. It's annoying as heck though and I'm wondering if someone can shed
some light.

I searched around but (surprisingly!!) I didn't find anything similar to my
situation.