tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example build.xml error?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:01:28 GMT
On 10/10/05, René Schade <schade@hypergenic.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Starting a new project, I deceided to move to Tomcat 5.5.
>
> In the "Application Developer's Guide"
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/index.html
>
> There is an example build.xml file for installing & reloading the project, a "basic
build-file":

> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/build.xml.txt
>
> Using this build.xml file works fine, except for one thing. Whenever I do a change followed
by "ant reload", it does not deploy the changes to the server. The changed files are recompiled
in to the local /build folder, followed by a reload of the server, but the changed files are
never deployed to the server.

It should be that class files are not compiled to Tomcats applications
WEB-INF\classes folder. You can check this by comparing timestamps of
a modified class file.
Perhaps you have to make property build.home  point to the application
context directory of Tomcat. ie. something like
<property name="build.home"    value="${catalina.home}/myapp"/>

--
rgds
Anto Paul