tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Waiting for N instance(s) to be deallocated
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:37:02 GMT
Hy,

I seem to run into a lot of "Waiting for N instance(s) to be
deallocated" messages lately in my logs. After a reload the server
gets blocked (there is nothing more sent to the browser).

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.9, with a Postgresql 8.0.3 jdbc driver and a
simple Resource (the pooling Datasource) in my META-INF/context.xml.

My main method to return a connection is

Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/MyDB");
return ds.getConnection();

I've found out on the net some emails with this error only that they
all seem to be related to Tomcat 4.x (also during reload).

Is there some workaround to this ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Regards,
Emilian Bold

--
Please do not send me attachments without archiving them first with zip.
Try to use HTML or PDF instead of Word DOC Files. Not everybody has one.

Emilian Bold
+40 740235562 (orange)
http://web.info.uvt.ro/~fierarul/typo3/

Formula for failure - Try to please everyone.