tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bray, Ian" <ian.b...@logicacmg.com>
Subject HHTP 302 redirect issue with Tomcat 5.0.28
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:30:02 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with Tomcat 5.0.28 (after upgrading from 4.1.29)
responding to a HTTP POST request with a 302 redirect. Requests to a
specified  URL (eg. /localhost/eaifclient) are being rejected with
a 302 response indicating a redirect to the same URL but with "/"
appended  (eg./localhost/eaifclient/). This appears to be random.
The same request can be repeated and will sporadically pass or
fail each time the application is re-started.

I'm starting Tomcat using the org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded
class, configuring the engine, host, contexts and connector and
then deploying a number of War files using deployer.install().

By overriding CoyotteConnector and CoyotteAdapter and adding tracing,
I can see that the original URL is ok, and that all of the contexts
exist, as shown by the following trace:
   -----
   Normalized URI: [/eaifserver]
   Mapping is:
[127.0.0.1,/eaifserver,org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.MappingData@ed
3e63]
   Wrapper is: null
   Dump of Mapper contextNames:
           Context[0]=//localhost/
           Context[1]=//localhost/axis
           Context[2]=//localhost/eaifclient
           Context[3]=//localhost/eaifserver
           Context[4]=//localhost/gd
           Context[5]=//localhost/papclient
           Context[6]=//localhost/papserver
   Redirecting to: /eaifserver/
   ---

The requests that fail are different each time Tomcat is started, but
consistantly fail throughout the time that Tomcat is up while requests
for the other URLs succeed.

Thanks,

Ian

and inform the sender. Thank you.