tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Birch <cpbi...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat / CPanel
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:08:02 GMT
If you are using Apache and mod_jk as a frontend to Tomcat, mod_rewrite
doesn't work.  In my limited experience, mod_rewrite seems to handle
the request AFTER mod_jk, therefore the rewritten URLs get handled by
apache and a 404 is displayed.  I found a way around it by writing a
simple Filter, matched requests are then rewritten by a regular
expression before the request dispatcher is called to redirect to the
correct URL.

I can't help you with CPANEL though, sorry.

Regards,
Chris.

On 27 Oct 2005, at 06:12, enLogica wrote:

> Does anyone know if Tomcat is Compatible with CPanel?  And if so, is
> it a
> reasonable production server configuration?
>
> One additional semi-related question.  I have been told that apache
> has a
> mod_rewrite which is great for masking querystring-driven urls and
> turning
> them into more search-engine friendly urls (e.g. xyz.com/?page=123
> would
> become xyz.com/123.htm).  Does anyone know if this Apache mod is
> compatible
> with cPanel as well?
>
> Thanks.
> Neal

Chris Birch

www.axonbirch.com
mailto:cbirch@axonbirch.com

Tel: 0845 125 9427
Fax: 0161 491 4031

Axon Birch, PO Box 139, Cheadle, SK8 4XL

Axon Birch - Making Software Simple.