tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A." <d.tonho...@m-plify.com>
Subject Re: JAVA_OPTS settings
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:57:44 GMT
If you are using the Sun JVM, the first page that comes to mind
is <http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/gc_tuning_5.html>
and more generally <http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/index.html>.

But it looks like a lot of patience and testing/simulation will
be needed to get good results.

--On Friday, October 21, 2005 2:27 PM -0300 Ritchie Gillam <gillamr@halifax.ca> wrote:

> I am wondering what JAVA_OPTS I can set to make my application run more efficiently.
 Right now the application is slow and if I can set the proper JVM parameters I am thinking
the application might run faster?

> Do anyone know which options I can try to set to help my performance?  -Xmx512m?  -server
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m?  Any others than come to mind.